About This Blog

Xenophon's Ghost covers military history and wargaming from the ancient period to modern times.

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Warmachine Base Failure

Upgrading Bases

I found a blog post concerning Warmachine model base improvements; the modeler created a wooden floor design using clay.  Believing that Sculpey polymer would do the trick, I created rock piles for the Protectorate of Menoth figure bases in our starter box.


Melting Point

Unfortunately, I learned that the 275 F baking temperature exceeded the melting point for the bases, ruining them.  I guess the other modeler used an air dry clay or other base material.


Fortunately, I didn't try this with the Warcaster figure that is already glued to the base!  I did salvage the baked rocks, which will be applied to unmelted bases or a terrain feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment