About This Blog

Xenophon's Ghost covers military history and wargaming from the ancient period to modern times.

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Bolt Action Germans


For my test games, I assembled Axis & Allies miniatures to form two squads of Germans, support units, and two options for vehicles.  Even though the list is similar to the American force, I chose different support units in order to learn the different rules. 






Here's the force:

Core Platoon

Officer - 1st Lieutenant  - (R)egular - 75 points

1st Wermacht Squad - R - five men - 56 points
-Rifles - 3
-Submachine guns - 2 

2nd Wermacht Squad - R - five men - 63 points
-Rifles only - 2
-Rifles + Panzerfaust - 2
-Submachine gun - 1

MG42 MMG - R - 50 points

Sniper - R - 50 points

Option A: Panzer!

Panzer IV - (I)nexperienced - 188 points
Lt Mortar Team - I - 24 Points

Option A Total Points: 506

Option B: Armored Vehicles

SdKfz 251 with 37mm A-T gun - R - 124
SdKfz 222 - Lt Auto-cannon and MMG - R - 95

Option B Total Points: 513

Ryan and I got one test game in today.  We made some chits for the two forces since I lack enough dice of different colors to use for the order selection.  We also cranked out some buildings in short order.  Watch for the AAR tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment