About This Blog

Xenophon's Ghost covers military history and wargaming from the ancient period to modern times.

Saturday, November 17, 2012

IPad DBA

While flying on my latest work trip, I tried out an iPad app called Hexmap.  I used the free version, creating a DBA board and armies using the tokens available.  The app appears useful for such games as well as for campaign maps.


The gray squares mark the corners of the board.  The green hexs are woods; the pink hexs are hills.
The app allows you to turn on a hex or square grid pattern or set it to clear.  I used the grid for arranging the terrain and then turned it off.  There are several backgrounds available.  The only annoying feature is the fact that the terrain cannot be saved into a different layer, which would prevent it from being accidently moved.

I'm making good progress on my Hellenistic morph army.  I will post updates on the projects and a few game reports soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment